250kW Commercial Demonstration, Newbridge, VIC (2015)
The Newbridge site consists of:
- an R1-0.2MWe power tower,
- 64 self-powered, self-aligning heliostats,
- wireless mesh network for heliostat control,
- central inverter, with AC output feeding the manufacturing site network to displace mains grid metered consumption, and
- control system and data acquisition.
Newbridge is not only an important source of data to track real-world performance, but it has doubled as a proving ground for the control software underlying the current R1-0.2MWe and the R3-1.0MWe.